Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting ready...

Hello everyone! It's Jenni Slagowski here! I'm assuming most people who will actually read this know me, but for those who just stumble upon this here's a synopsis of who I am! Slagowski is pronounced "slug" "ow!!" "ski"... it's really quite easy, yet it's always slaughtered! I am 20 years old and the youngest in my family. I think I have the greatest family on earth and I love them very much! I am a proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (www.mormon.org if you have questions). Yes, I know this is true. No, I'm not brainwashed OR ignorant of the "real world". And yes, it truly does bring more peace and joy into my life than I could have ever asked for!

Moving on... I love to dance, and burst into song at random moments. I also believe I have the best friends in the world! This would include, but not limited to: my family (my second families the Simcox's and Nelson's as well), JAMS, the "Psyche 6" (I'll include Dustin and Matt and their families in this), my INCREDIBLE roommates, those girls (and coaches and families of both) I spent my life with as a Cardinelle, my old Ridge Crest YW crew, and many more... I love them all and don't know what I'd do without them!!

This is my first attempt at a BLOG! I'm starting it so I can keep people updated about the adventure I'm about to embark on! :) On August 22 I will be leaving the wonderful country of the U.S.A. and going to Weihai, China. I will be there for 4 months. I am going with my good friends Cierra Schang and Samantha West! :) We have met a few of the other people we will be with and we are so EXCITED! We are going to teach English in a boarding school. No, none of us know Chinese! The method we use to teach does not require us to know the kids' native language. (If you want to know more about it go to ilp.org) While we are there we will also have the opportunity to do some sight seeing and exploring! :) I've had three friends go to foreign countries with this program: Hilary Stout, Emily Petersen, and Katie Workman. They all said they felt very safe and that the program took great care of them... so don't worry about us! I mean, it's not like Cierra, Samantha, and I could cause ANY trouble whatsoever! ;)

I am getting everything packed and ready to go! I asked my home ward and family for donations of supplies I need to teach over there. I am overwhelmed by everyone's response! They have been so giving... I'm starting to wonder how I'm going to get it all there! I just want to thank everyone who has been so generous to me! I am so grateful for the support! It's really taken a load off my mind and I really appreciate it! Thanks again!!!! :)

While I am a LITTLE nervous about going, I'm mostly excited! It's going to be crazy and we most definitely will not fit in there! But I think it will be exactly the experience I need in my life! As I'm getting ready to leave I'm really grateful for my incredibly supportive family and friends! I am also so comforted to know I have the gospel! I have a feeling I will be relying heavily on prayer and the Spirit! I'm so grateful for these blessings in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Jenni!!! I am so so so so excited for you!!!! Holy cow do I wish I were going with you. You are going to have so much fun and I'm so glad you decided to start a blog so I can read all about your adventures while you are there. Try to write all the time so you don't forget one minute of your amazing trip! Call me if you have any last minute questions or packing tips!!! I love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete