Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mud Caves? Don’t Mind if I Do!

Day 2 in beautiful Yangshuo! :) It started off with Lou’s Bakery... of course! Then we went to the water and mud cave! The adventure started how every adventure in China begins- the bus ride! The bus that took us to the cave seriously had to be the most rickety bus known to man! You know the Jurassic Park virtual ride at Disney World where there’s a screen and the seats move... you’re supposed to feel like you’re in the ride, but really it’s like the most jerky, nauseating few minutes of your life? That was this bus ride! The left back tire was almost coming off and it sounded like an oversized lawn mower. It’s a miracle that we got up the mountain in that bus! I was almost certain it was just going to fall apart.


To get into the cave you had to go in these boats. They were as bad... or worse... then the bus. These boats had to be made by neanderthals and lasted through the ages. We had to duck down to get in the entrance.

Here we are in the infamous boats!


This is the group of us in the caves. It’s our “BEFORE" picture!


We had a tour of the cave. The last stop was this natural pool. We were swimming and from the rocks and playing games... it was awesome! :)


Just a bunch of us jumping off rocks into a natural lake in a cave in China. No big deal. :)


After swimming in water it was time to play in the MUD! It was a blast. You’d lay in the mud and just float.... it was so odd! We were completely covered. I got some in my eyes... not cool! But still fun! :)


Floating in the mud!


The “AFTER” picture!


Our group had a blast! But the fun wasn’t over! After the mud caves we cleaned off with the world’s coldest hose! It was ok though because after that we got to go to the natural hot pots! It was definitely a good time!


Even though we were super uncomfortable, wet, and dirty lunch took precedence over showering! We went to Ryley’s Cafe. This quickly became our favorite place in Yangshuo! It was the best! They had pizza, chicken cordon bleu, and this apple crumble stuff that was FABULOUS! I don’t know why more things taste like that in China! Simply delightful!


On the walk home something great happened. Let me preface this story. On the bus to Guilin I was talking to Anna about how I really wanted to see someone slip on a banana peel. Like, you always see it in movies and stuff, but I’d never seen it in real life! On the walk home Cierra slipped on a banana peel!!!! It was HILARIOUS!


I am so glad I witnessed this!


Getting all the mud off me was a nightmare! I’m pretty sure I was getting mud out of my ears days later! But it was so much fun and so worth it! It was definitely a great adventure in Yangshuo!

No comments:

Post a Comment